Friday 9 January 2015

The In-Breath

Still in the excited phase of my relationship with my new Winsor and Newton Antique White Oilbar.  I used him to paint my girl and her dress, he's just so perfect, so versatile.  I'm beginning to feel a need for his brothers Paynes Grey and Raw Umber. I think I'll be happy with just the three colours because acrylics blend so well with them. But then again I never say never when it comes to art supplies.

I used gesso and acrylics on the background, layered using my paint brush, fingers and palette knife. Her hair was applied with my palette knife and the finishing touches were added using inktense pencils for the finer details.

Really pleased with how she turned out, love the serene look on her face.

Wishing you all a Fantastic Friday x x x


No comments:

Post a Comment