Thursday 8 January 2015

Children's Board Book

I bought a second hand children's board book from my local charity shop for only 99p.  I had to sit and pick the glossy film off of each of the pages (which in it's self was quite therapeutic) and gesso over the rough cardboard before I could begin painting.

It's only 6x6 inches, the perfect size to paint little quirky faces in, to play and experiment in. I don't think any of them took much more than half on hour to paint, but it's just enough to feed my painting addiction on those days when I don't have time to really indulge.




And here are some more pages, as you can probably tell I'm a big fan of Mindy Lacefield and my palette knife.

For the last 2 pages I was so excited about getting my new Winsor & Newton Antique White Oilbar that I didn't even gesso the cardboard before smearing acrylics and oilbar into them with my finger, resulting in a very rough finish and me being totally in love with my oilbar. It's sooooo thick and creamy and acrylics blend beautifully with it 



I still have 4 pages and the front/back to paint, who knew board books had so many pages?  I love my little board book and had already started a new one which is 7.5x8.5 inches, but there is just something about this size that I really love.  So I guess that means another trip to the charity shop, Wishing you all a wonderful day x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment